International Conference on Gender and Violence for the first time at Protestant University of Freiburg
From July 17th to July 19th 2019 the interdisciplinary and international European Network on Gender and Violence (ENGV) hosts its annual conference together with Social Science Research Institute on Gender Issues / FIVE (SoFFI F.) Freiburg at Protestant University of Freiburg.
ENGV exists since 1996 as an informal association of scholars and professionals. It addresses a wide range of topics in research on violence against women, gender-based abuse, child abuse, elder abuse and related issues. The focus of the network is on research and scholarship (it is not an association of practitioners) but much of the research by network members concerns practical questions of policy and intervention.
The conference provides a forum for an exchange of a broad range of topics. 10 plenary sessions are planned with inputs from many countries such as Denmark, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Canada, Lithuania, Malta, Austria, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey and Hungary. New research results and reflections will be presented on issues such as the conceptualisation of gender and violence, experiences of children, adolescents and the elderly, femicide, intervention policies, and work with perpetrators.. Furthermore posters will inform about new and ongoing research.
Info on travel and accomodation.
The conference is chaired by:
- Ph.D. Renate Klein, Associate Professor of Human Development & Family Studies, University of Maine, USA
- Dr. Monika Schröttle, Women’s research in rehabilitation sciences and pedagogy of disabilities, at Dortmund Technical University, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Barbara Kavemann, Social Science Research Institute on Gender Issues/FIVE (SoFFI F.) Berlin office, Germany
- Prof. Dr. habil. Cornelia Helfferich, Head of Social Science Research Institute on Gender Issues/FIVE (SoFFI F.) Freiburg, Germany
- Ksenia Meshkova, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
- Bianca Grafe, University of Osnabrück, Germany
Contact Conference Organisation:
Social Science Research Institute on Gender Issues/ FIVE (SoFFI F.)
Carina Pflügler: carina.pfluegler[at)eh-freiburg.de
More info about ENGV: http://www.engv.org/home.html